<  Public  ~  BL/Angry/TI/Saga/Backrage AQ Collection Contest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 212Location: CaliforniaJoined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:00 pm
What if we need the reputation for orgrimmar or something like that (need my wolfy!!!!)?
And does that MC apply to bringing an Alt (even if FR not made yet)?

Loffina @ Muradin 80 Unead Rogue
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 1783Location: Maui, HawaiiJoined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
Angry Guild Members are not eligable to win the prizes specified out of respect to those contributing, and to bring fairness to the contest.

(70 Orc Hunter: Shadowguards)
(70 Undead Warlock: Shadowcoil)
(70 Tauren Warrior: Shadowbash)
(70 Troll Shaman: Shadowsent)
(28 Blood Elf Paladin: Shadowshield)
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:09 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry Guild MasterPosts: 23052Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
Loff_Koogai wrote:
What if we need the reputation for orgrimmar or something like that (need my wolfy!!!!)?
And does that MC apply to bringing an Alt (even if FR not made yet)?

Tonight I was handing out stuff to turn-in to anyone who wanted to help (mostly Shadowflame and Fyreuni)...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 1Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:00 pm
Just thought I would list some information on where to farm some of these items.

Silk Cloth
I run SM for this they drop a decent amount and decent cash takes about 1hour for 7-10stacks.

Wool cloth
I farm Bael Modan and Blackthorne Ridge in southern barrens. Bael Modan because they seem to spawn instantly when there are not enough around and Blackthorne Ridge because it has a decent amount of copper veins. Also Shadowfang Keep is a good place to grind wool linen and Lean wolf flank.

Linen cloth
Best place I have found is Ragefire Chasm can do abut 5 runs an hour and use the remaining time on instance cooldown to make bandages. Get from 5-6 stacks of linen a run.

Mageweave cloth
Not too sure on this, i know the centaurs in Desolace load a decent amount but i havent farmed them much.

Iron ore
Arathi Highlands is exceltent if you are just doing AB you can farm a lot of iron here inbetween matches.

Copper ore
Durotar, barrens around the pigs you can farm cloth and ore at the same time

Lean wolf flank
Sfk for reasons above.

Raptor flesh
Un'goro crater the raptor are extremely clustered and have a high drop rate.

Herbs and leather I have not done as professions. Perhaps someone who know good places to farm these can list them.

Thrite

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry Guild MasterPosts: 23052Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
I'd encourage people to try to turn in as many of the horde mats as possible before worrying about the alliance mats. For bandages, this means turn in mageweave and wool, not silk and linen. Turning in stuff for alliance is a pain and as of right now is way backlogged I'm sure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Original post is updated with new contest info, as Team Ice has joined in, and we now have a website...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Updated again as Saga has joined in. Think there'll be more info on that up later on the http://aqcontest.illidrama.com site.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 1783Location: Maui, HawaiiJoined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
zomg XTeaming!?!?! gasp

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote
As of Friday we are no longer accepting alliance mats on the horde side. Full info is on the http://aqcontest.illidrama.com news page.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quote
Stingray let me help turn in some of the junk, I could really use the extra rep =)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
Edited to add info about Backrage's new contest.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The Horde has now Completed the AQ Turn-Ins so no more Mats should be sent. The Grand Prize Winners will be drawn and announced soon so stay tuned!

Backrage has also closed the Alliance Mats collection and chosen their winners, see there website for more information

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Prize drawings will be happening about the time the gates open (should be 6-7 days from now).

Offline Profile