<  Public  ~  BL/Angry/TI/Saga/Backrage AQ Collection Contest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry Guild MasterPosts: 23052Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
In order to help get the gates of AQ open as soon as possible on Illidan, Angry, Blood Legion, Team Ice, and Saga are taking collections from players of all materials that are still needed for the war effort and offering various prizes in return!

* We will be accepting each material until the war effort turn-ins for that material are completed.
* Some prizes may only apply to level 60 characters. Also, some prizes require that you be able to attend BL (6PM-11PM central), Angry (8PM-1AM central), Team Ice (7:30PM-2:30AM central), and/or Saga raid times. If a winner is not eligible, the prize will default to the next person in line.

Locations to send materials to:

BLAngryAQ (for horde characters, accepting only horde materials; please include your class in the subject of your mail so we can get you in the correct category for BL's prizes, also if you are in Angry, BL, or TI, mention that in the subject line)

AQContest (for alliance characters, accepting only alliance materials; if you are in Saga, include that in the subject line)

The guilds will be centrally tallying all the materials turned in, and are offering their own prizes based on the turn-ins. Prize info, winners, and news are at: http://aqcontest.illidrama.com

Additionally, Backrage is running a separate contest with its own prize pool for horde characters who turn in alliance mats...info, rules, and prizes are at: http://www.backrage.net/contest/

Last edited by Stingray on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:56 am, edited 7 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry Guild MasterPosts: 23052Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
BTW, turning in mats with an alt is fine, just mention the name and class of the char you'd want the prizes to go to in your mail, or in a separate piece of mail. Even if an alt doesn't give us their main char name, and does end up winning a drawing, we can obviously just check with them anyway, to see who their main is.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 372Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:00 pm
wow, this is pretty attractive. I want to win the prize ^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 745Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
I've had some people ask, are guild members of Blood Legion and Angry eligible for prizes?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 502Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:00 pm
I imagine that would turn some people off to the idea, thinking it is rigged somehow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 1Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:00 pm
Im not sure how you guys are going to work your in house, but I will let you know about how we are doing ours.

We clearly want as many people collecting as possible, even in our guild. Awards that are advertised are not available to BL members, but we have a seperate in house award system. We have not worked out all the prizes yet, but something along the lines of-2 DKP free items, or a full set of bottomless bags.

We want everyone to be involved, but dont want to short our members, and/or have someone cry foul if one of our members was selected for an advertised award.

Rob

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 745Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Thanks for the information Rob, sounds like an idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote
i was thinking the same thing. a set number of non-guild ppl get the advertised rewards.. and if the raffle pulls a guild members name, set aside a seperate in-house reward.

but just let the public know so they realize the guild will not be winning the advertised rewards...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 78Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:00 pm
Please refer people to check out this site before turning stuff in, we're finished with many items already (including rugged leather, mithril bars, runecloth badages, etc) so it won't do much good having people turn in lots of these items. Also, alliance is pretty far behind overall compared to horde and we both need to be finished for the gates to be opened. I hope alliance guilds will set up something similar to encourage people!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
We're going to be turning in alliance materials too, on behalf of the alliance.... We're accepting both horde and alliance materials, anything that's still needed.

And, yeah, Angry/BL guild members aren't eligible to win the advertised prizes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 176Location: Wheeling, ILJoined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:00 pm
i will be coordinating the xteaming effort in order for alliance to recieve our materials.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
If you need any help with the xteaming my brother and I have been xteaming for the past week since he's alliance, he has the flight path in gadgetzan so he can go back and forth relatively quickly... problem is he doesn't have much gold 'cus he's about to buy his 40 mount.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 2Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:00 pm
wow this contest thing is almost worth it, i'd do it if u included bwl in the prizes and not just mc. who wants to spend 3 hours clearn that instance?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 372Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:00 pm
Let's advertise this in Org too

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 4Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:00 pm
very cool ....I'll start sending mats that way...

Good thing my alts a farmer toon.

Ciao,
Remy / Chizoba

Offline Profile