<  Public  ~  Looking for Rylolin...you started it...now

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
Posts: 1Location: Springfield, ILJoined: Sun May 06, 2007 1:56 am
hey man, to continue our conversation. Pls go back and read all the forums and if you still disagree with why we are doing the ridiculously high requirements for raiding..yep, i understand. But I thought about our conversation and the thing is this...you were not informed. We have crazy standards because we only raid 2-4 times per week, and we simply don't have the patience to bring someone undergeared that drags us down. I think you can understand that.

You really didn't make your point concerning rogue reqs...1520AP and 120 hit...as the minimum...not the absolute...just the min for any rogue joining. Now lets say you are a rogue with 180 to hit and 1400 AP...I think you can bust 1520 AP and 120 to hit and then talk to raid leaders and say look...i need the to hit etc. for the way I am playing my rogue.
Anyway, I am gone this weekend...because RL>wow...but you sparked my interest...didn't curse, because I really think its a poor indicator of maturity when someone does...but hey, you didn't and believe me, I appreciate it. Unlike your very very obnoxious post in my forums...and my rather obnoxious reply.

If you don't mind, I would like you to approach it this way. You have to discern if a rogue that is apping to raid has the ability too. You have shadow priests with 850+ damage. Locks with 1100+damage. Frost mages with +980 damage. etc. What would you require your rogues to be? Each spec also...sub, assi, or comb...AP, crit(since you seem to think that it is extremly important...I think of it as a side benefit...but meh.) and whatever else you deem important. Since I won't be on till Sunday evening...and not even sure if then, at my Godson's birthday..hehe.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 3263Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:00 pm
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say, "What?"

Nubpunter

AIM: RPZip
MSN: RPZip@hotmail.com (Don't actually read hotmail for e-mail, just for IMs)
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 379Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:45 am
Your excessive use of inappropriate punctuation amuses me. Ty for that. :D

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 435Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:00 pm
It's only showing the passage of time D:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 93Location: Mother 3 WorldJoined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:39 pm
raggedyandy wrote:
You really didn't make your point concerning rogue reqs...1520AP and 120 hit...as the minimum...not the absolute...just the min for any rogue joining. Now lets say you are a rogue with 180 to hit and 1400 AP...I think you can bust 1520 AP and 120 to hit and then talk to raid leaders and say

Except 1400 AP and 180 hit is far better than 1520 AP and 120 hit.

Except 1350 AP and 180 hit is far better than 1520 AP 120 hit.

And the fact that it's near impossible to get 1520 AP without sacrificing all your hit and crit pre-raid gear. 1520 AP is worthless unless you have 150+ hit rating to back it up.

Also, I barely have 1400 AP, but I have 170 hit... I could have 1400 AP and 180 hit at best, MOSTLY GEARED FROM KARA, not making those requirements... however I sacrifice 13 hit, .3 crit, and 8 attack power for - 10 energy cost on Evi and Envenom -- which by the way, is AMAZING.

In short, for entry level Burning Crusade raids, 1350 AP and 150 hit should be your requirement. Maybe even say 22% crit but that might be pushing it.

Those requirements are reasonable. When I first started raiding with Angry I didn't do well at all, my DPS was glum. I still beat the lower DPS classes but I was not by any means last... with 1350 AP 150+ hit I was the last rogue on the list (blue geared VS purple geared), behind mages, etc... now that I'm geared however, I'm on par with.. and on some mobs doing more DPS.

It's all relative... expecting people to have raid quality gear when they're not raiding is silly.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 519Location: WisconsinJoined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 pm
Quote:
It's all relative... expecting people to have raid quality gear when they're not raiding is silly.

^

"Vas's action is like a patchwerk fight, lots of consumables but usually over in 20 seconds". –Stingray
Offline Profile