<  Public  ~  No more decursive, no more Itemrack.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 19Location: Long Beach, CAJoined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Well, to all of those who have not yet heard... after the next patch people using decursive and itemrack will be considered to be using hacks. They are scanned by warden as harmful and accounts will be banned, without exception.

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 3263Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:00 pm
ItemRacks works on the beta and is a LUA add-on. No add-ons are even scanned by Warden, and Blizzard considers no add-on illegal. If they dislike it, they'll break it by changing the way the programming works (like they ARE doing with Decursive).

So... source?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 1479Location: San DiegoJoined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:15 am
I haven't heard anything about banning, but they are changing the functionality of mods like Decursive so that they no longer work. So, you wouldn't be able to use it even if you wanted to.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 973Location: Santo Domingo, DRJoined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:00 pm
Decursive i understand, but itemrack? thats just stupid. Players only use that to change gears quickly, since you gotta be ooc to do it, i dont see how that makes the game easier like decursive does.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 1206Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:00 pm
They're breaking artificial decision making, not decursive!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Angry MemberPosts: 175Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:00 pm
Original idea of blizzard was the Decursive was too smart. It did everything, and made decision for players.

It might be a new version of decursive coming up. My guess is that you have to setup the shit manually. For example, make a list(suck my balls and you will be on that list), and spam the same macro key.

Thinking about Noth fight. Even switching target is gonna be $%^&*(.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 19Location: Long Beach, CAJoined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:00 pm
My friend read the patch notes to me the other night from the PTR (I couldn't get the damn thing downloaded) and he mentioned that mods like decursive were being scanned for. He also mentioned the ability to use mods like decursive was taken out (as you all say, and know). Either way, I was told using mods that behave like decursive and itemrack were a ban able offense.

EDIT:

BTW, I'm still trying to get my hands on the patch notes so I can provide a source.

Offline Profile ICQ YIM