<  Public  ~  Patch 1.6 and my two cents

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 pm Reply with quote
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &t=3781928

Ouchies on WotF being nerfed. The big one is OOC range when released is checked now. Recently I've been trying to minimize releases and going close during battles, with success. However, I have not tried it in the Onyxia fight, so thats still up for grabs.

* Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells (Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.).

This makes druids THE flag carriier.

* Blessing of Freedom - Will now counter the movement impairing effects of Frostbolt, Cone of Cold, Frost Shock. It will no longer prevent the damage taken by Frost Nova, Hamstring, Wing Clip, Mind Flay, Counterattack, or Blast Wave or the melee and ranged attack speed slowing effects of Cripple.

They tossed a bone to Paladins. Also, for all you ice ppl out there, they finally fixed the goddamn immune to damage bug once you hit them 4 times!

* Fixed a bug where the Paladin did not always die when using the Divine Intervention spell.

LOL wtf is this?

And wtf is up with the free respec and ultra overhaul of locks and wars? Sheesh.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Angry OfficerPosts: 4562Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
They gave warriors a free respec because prot got bent over and fucked in the ass. As things stand, my spec will become unplayable post patch, so I'm going fury.

-Splug

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 1783Location: Maui, HawaiiJoined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
divine intervention... kill yourself to give a party member life
forget exactly but basicly you die and party member gets equivilent to your full health or some such suicide ftw!

(70 Orc Hunter: Shadowguards)
(70 Undead Warlock: Shadowcoil)
(70 Tauren Warrior: Shadowbash)
(70 Troll Shaman: Shadowsent)
(28 Blood Elf Paladin: Shadowshield)
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote
it's a 30 second imune shield.

-Splug

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 1783Location: Maui, HawaiiJoined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
laf paly expends mana targets MT in MC divine intervention re:30 sec shield and OOC rez nice

oh wait.. I bet you cant do anything inside that shield...

edit: warriors got messed again laf... finally the respec, cant wait to respec my war!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 241Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:00 pm
I know exactly what they're fixing with Divine Intervention.

Before you could Divine Shield yourself, and use it, and thus you wouldn't die because of the divine shield.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Fear that! but nod it makes sense it is teh friggen immunity bubble

edit: except against mana burn! hehe... they pop up the bubble and I burn away their mana, it doest hurt them, but it still drains their pool

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Well I finally got on the test server and tried out the new shield slam ability. It's not as bad as I thought, definately better for pvp than shield disc. PvE, it's essentially a higher hate control, lower damage mitigation than disc. I'd also like to throw out that I looked at Bloodthirst... it's better but unlike what blizz makes it sounds like, it still sucks. Here's the more in-depth stats on both...

Bloodthirst (Rank 4):
30 rage, 6 second cooldown.
Deals damage equal to 30% of your total AP, then your next 5 successful attacks regenerate 20 health each.

Shield Slam (Rank 4):
30 rage, 6 second cooldown.
Deals 450-550 damage, and has a 50% chance of removing a beneficial effect from your target. Causes a moderate amount of threat.

I still prefer Shield Disc, but the requirements are different now... that helps a bit. I no longer need improved revenge or improved shield bash. I'll do a few less stuns in UBRS and stuff, but I don't think that matters much. Everything in MC was immune to both anyway, and both abilities had minimal impact in pvp. So I get a few more free points for random stuff in prot, lose some damage mitigation, and build up more hate... and be almost useful pvp.

-Splug

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Hmm nog... so still staying prot war then Splug?

Also have to think about the bosses, re: less resists and more hp

more hate will be a deffinate must because mages et all will be hitting alot more, possibly critting and therefore drawing hate, and the bosses will be lasting more do to the hp increase (though will probably not take any longer with the resists no longer in effect)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
May as well stay prot... for a while it looked like 9/31/11 would be a feasible build, but Bloodthirst is only good while dual wielding, and on the whole I don't see it being a worthwhile tradeoff. As is, I'm basically getting a free damage hike, but will be getting hit slightly harder.

-Splug

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote
With all the new stuff they buffing other classes with, I think its time for bloodlust!

I like shaman but recently I've had a hard time figuring out what to respec to, if I even have to. I have not (and really dont prefer) a 2h shaman, and mana tide is an 11 point talent that gimps me to all hell. And although elemental/restore is great, I think I'm growing tired of it. LIke it matter, all I do is OOC rez!

I think elemental shaman will win in the end. I can go up to 10% crit chance with spells with full ten storms, fang of mystics, eye of the beast, and two 1% crit chance rings. I think I can push it up to 13% if I use cap of scarlet servant. Thats just nuts!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote
Posts: 10Location: Whoronto, CanadaJoined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Just regarding that Divine Intervention BS... Paladin is the only class with an I Lose button (re: kill yourself).
I guess warlock has Hellfire but it's a slow burning death.

Offline Profile