<  Public  ~  3.0.8 Patch Notes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 246Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:22 am
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/12/11/wo ... tch-notes/

First highlights:

# Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostrider? Tauren on raptor? You're not seeing things.
# Tapping: All player spells which cause a creature to become aggressive to you will now also immediately cause the creature to be tapped.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 600Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm
Quote:
Circle of Healing now has a 6 seconds cooldown.

no more Ceo doubling me on the healing meters!
Quote:
* Toughness now increases stamina by 3/5/7/10/30/50. (Old - Increased health by 30/50/70/100/300/500)

Awesome for all tanks who have a stam multiplying talent.
Quote:
Glyph of Holy Light now affects friendly targets in a larger radius.

How much larger? Dammit I hate it when they don't give specifics.

Quote:
The Obsidian Sanctum

* Players will now be affected by Twilight Residue when they leave the Twilight Realm. Twilight Residue grants immunity to Fire and Shadow damage for a few seconds.

I guess you can't get instagibbed anymore when coming out of a portal. Good change imo

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 669Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:50 pm
Quote:
Melkor wrote:
Quote:
Circle of Healing now has a 6 seconds cooldown.

Dunno if that's a good thing. Taking away some of Ceo's numbers on the meters may move you up it, but it doesn't replace that healing lost.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Bleeziez wrote:
Melkor wrote:
Dunno if that's a good thing. Taking away some of Ceo's numbers on the meters may move you up it, but it doesn't replace that healing lost.
Maybe me and Del will get more heals out, since a lot of HoTs is lost due to people being topped off before our heals tick. I believe we will not have a single problem about it; Malygos' fight might be an issue but they said they'll be testing if they need to nerf Vortex due to this healing change.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Well Wild Growth is taking the same 6 second CD, so you guys might have to lay claim to groups to AOE heal before the fight starts from now on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Bleeziez wrote:
Well Wild Growth is taking the same 6 second CD, so you guys might have to lay claim to groups to AOE heal before the fight starts from now on.
To be honest, I really miss healing assignments. I feel my heals are mostly wasted because I don't know who to heal. Assigning groups to each healer for AoE heal (i.e. I get g1, Del gets g2, Aurora g3, Valer g4 and Tek g5) would organize it better and make everyone's mana happier.

There are some addons that generate automatized assignments based on healers on the raid and encounter and save macros for it; we could use one of those and start organizing our daily whack-a-mole.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 1132Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:36 pm
Quote:
Elementals should now always despawn when the battle begins.
Titan's Grip: The hit chance penalty has been removed.
Taunt: Range increased to 30 yards.

GODDAMNIT
Quote:
The white Polar Bear mount is now the proper (larger) size.

Quote:
Several creatures in the Construct Quarter of Naxxramas did not have Heroic values for hit points and damage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 973Location: Santo Domingo, DRJoined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:00 pm
Quote:
Elemental

* Unrelenting Storm changed from 5 to 3 points. Now Regenerate mana equal to 4/8/12% of your Intellect every 5 sec, even while casting. (Old - 2/4/6/8/10%)
* Storm, Earth and Fire This talent has been moved up in the tree, and it’s talent points have been reduced to 3 down from 5. Wind Shock is also included in the range increase (with Earth Shock). The damage bonus to Flame Shock has been increased, up from 10/20/30/40/50 to 20/40/60.
* *NEW TALENT* Shamanism - Your Lightning Bolt spell gains an additional 2/4/6/8/10% and your Lava Burst gains an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus damage effects.

Shit, ill i wanna say is get ready for my reign of dps. After this patch comes out your gonna want to stack 25 elemental shamans in a raid but it won't be possible, someone has to heal and tank.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 1053Location: Columbia, MOJoined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
I'd just be happy if it's actually worth bringing two ele shaman to raids!1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry Guild MasterPosts: 23052Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
FYI mmo-champion has some additional changes posted, which aren't in the notes for some reason. [item]Illustration of the Dragon Soul[/item] tasting a huge nerf is one of them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Stingray wrote:
FYI mmo-champion has some additional changes posted, which aren't in the notes for some reason. [Illustration of the Dragon Soul] tasting a huge nerf is one of them.
Can't expect a 260 permanent spellpower trinket to last too long.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Uki wrote:
Quote:
Elemental

* Unrelenting Storm changed from 5 to 3 points. Now Regenerate mana equal to 4/8/12% of your Intellect every 5 sec, even while casting. (Old - 2/4/6/8/10%)
* Storm, Earth and Fire This talent has been moved up in the tree, and it’s talent points have been reduced to 3 down from 5. Wind Shock is also included in the range increase (with Earth Shock). The damage bonus to Flame Shock has been increased, up from 10/20/30/40/50 to 20/40/60.
* *NEW TALENT* Shamanism - Your Lightning Bolt spell gains an additional 2/4/6/8/10% and your Lava Burst gains an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus damage effects.

Shit, ill i wanna say is get ready for my reign of dps. After this patch comes out your gonna want to stack 25 elemental shamans in a raid but it won't be possible, someone has to heal and tank.

Sup Dreamstate and Wrath of Cenarius.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Angry OfficerPosts: 1039Location: PennsylvaniaJoined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:00 pm
Since coh, wg, and chain heal are all smart heals now its pretty impossible to assign somebody a group to heal with those spells.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Angry MemberPosts: 555Location: SeattleJoined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:00 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
Delurs wrote:
Since coh, wg, and chain heal are all smart heals now its pretty impossible to assign somebody a group to heal with those spells.
It's more like "hey dude, keep that group alive" rather than "only cast your CoH on that group". Assigning for specific spells would be dumb.

Offline Profile