<  Public  ~  Problem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 2Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:00 pm
Recently I have had a problem. I was on your vent server recently, pvping with one of my best RL friends. Him and I were the ONLY 2 ppl in the channel and on the server at the time. As soon as more people began to come online I was told to leave the vent channel. I think this is pretty rude, not only am I friends with some of you guys, but I have helped some of you as well, we have grouped, raided, done joint raids on azuregos, shit like that. Granted you guys are now one of the best PvE guilds... but you are starting to get a pretty big head on your shoulders. PvE is respectable, but attitude gives you respect, we are on a PvP server. Dont become DIE please, you guys were cool. Im not just a scrub person, I was in a respectable guild (Black Sky), never hated on any of you, I just dont see any problem joining a vent server when no one is on there.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry Guild MasterPosts: 23052Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
Our Ventrilo server is supposed to be for guild members only, and other people that are asked to come to our raids (and given the Ventrilo information by an officer). You haven't been in one of our raids since the last time the password was changed, so you shouldn't even have the password currently. Given that, it's understandable that someone might wonder why you are there. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding about how our Ventrilo is used etc, it has nothing to do with you personally.

Last edited by Stingray on Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 266Location: Chicago, ILJoined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Probably a huge part of it was the fact that our Vent server has been completely filled for each of our raids for a while. We aren't even able to have our entire guild on at one time, so we apologize if there was a misunderstanding. But once people log on for the raids, we really need those spots :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 745Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Or it could be because we had some asshats repeatedly logging into our vent server and disconnecting to spam us with join/leave messages while we were killing a boss.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 164Location: Des Moines, IAJoined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:00 pm
Or that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 241Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:00 pm
Yup, too many asshats trying to find a way to grief our comms lately plays a major part. I wouldn't take anything personally.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Jigfrog wrote:
Or it could be because we had some asshats repeatedly logging into our vent server and disconnecting to spam us with join/leave messages while we were killing a boss.

Hence why I turned off all sounds when I first got Vent up and running. All that noise got horribly annoying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Angry OfficerPosts: 4562Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Aye, it was nothing against you specifically Cawshun. I don't know who had to remove you from our ventrillo, but I can understand their reasoning. Cerise provides us with access to his server as a guild resource. As several other members have stated, we've had issues recently with our passwords getting out, and for that reason have put out a mandate recently that it not be given to people outside the guild- one of our members pays for it, and it should be his decision who is allowed access to it. During recent raids, we have had 50 or more members online, and those not in the raid listen in to know if a spot becomes open. Last night Neshnu, and no doubt several others, were unable to reconnect for quite some time due to the server reaching its maximum capacity. It only makes sense that we are able to use our own resources when we need them.

-Splug

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 2Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:00 pm
Okay well then its no problem, I would not fight anything if it was for the sake of leaving b/c of space issue. The way it came off to me was that I was not allowed to use your server b/c im worse than you all and not a member. I would gladly leave if there was a raid going and you had space restraints, Like i said though, there were only me and my friend on at the time, then a few more came on, maybe 8 total and i was asked to leave. 8 does not constitute a raid forming :/.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:14 am Reply with quote
Angry OfficerPosts: 4562Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Our server admin was somewhat offended to find someone on our server who was not intended to have the password; it meant someone had not held up their end of keeping our resources to ourselves. These servers are not free- someone does have to pay to maintain them. The reaction was comparable to coming home and finding a random person sitting in your living room watching TV.

-Splug

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
That does bring up another issue, however. Suppose it's 11am server time, and we have 15 on and Azuregos is up. If we do a joint raid with another guild, does that mean our Vent is still off limits? There's going to be new outdoor raid bosses in upcoming patches, so this is probably the biggest issue I see.

The other issue as our admin is surely aware of is that the vent we use is NOT dedicated to Angry, and as such has limited connections. While it may have served its purpose at the creation and early stages of the guild, it's clear that things are not the same as they once were. Perhaps even having as much as a private server for current reasons, and a more public server that we can invite friends to and use for joint raids. If money is the issue (as it usually is) I haven't looked much into Ventrilo hosting costs, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find donations from various members, including myself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry OfficerPosts: 1783Location: Maui, HawaiiJoined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
Rhandom wrote:
That does bring up another issue, however. Suppose it's 11am server time, and we have 15 on and Azuregos is up. If we do a joint raid with another guild, does that mean our Vent is still off limits? There's going to be new outdoor raid bosses in upcoming patches, so this is probably the biggest issue I see.

The other issue as our admin is surely aware of is that the vent we use is NOT dedicated to Angry, and as such has limited connections. While it may have served its purpose at the creation and early stages of the guild, it's clear that things are not the same as they once were. Perhaps even having as much as a private server for current reasons, and a more public server that we can invite friends to and use for joint raids. If money is the issue (as it usually is) I haven't looked much into Ventrilo hosting costs, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find donations from various members, including myself.

ON that note I'd liek to thank Cerise for dedicating the use of the server we do use, its been a tremendous help to doing all we do

also depending on costs etc i'm willing to help chip in to something

(70 Orc Hunter: Shadowguards)
(70 Undead Warlock: Shadowcoil)
(70 Tauren Warrior: Shadowbash)
(70 Troll Shaman: Shadowsent)
(28 Blood Elf Paladin: Shadowshield)
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 70Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:00 pm
Why not password the raid channel and create a Public Raid Channel?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Vent is gay and spams people who join in ALL channels.

Get teamspeak.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
you make me cry cawshun, i miss you

Offline Profile