<  Public  ~  Fyre's Shapes and Colors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 206Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:00 pm
Featured, as of today, on WoW.com. YEARS too late, haha.

http://www.wow.com/2009/09/14/wow-movie ... es-and-co/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 214Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:00 pm
amazing!! hahahhaa

and i believe i was one of the hunters lol......

:oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 4108Location: West Palm Beach, FLJoined: Fri May 26, 2006 10:52 pm
Laf, i remember this one. Still funny after a few years. Mad props to Fyre, she did my Avatar too :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Angry OfficerPosts: 4562Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:00 pm
Heh, I'm pretty sure Thrush was the hunter referenced, and not for shooting the wrong thing so much as calling stars squares on vent (or the reverse).

... But yeah they're pulling that up from a long way back. That would have been done back in the Kael'thas era.

EDIT: Watching it again, I see what Glorykid meant - Thrush actually had his name in the credits, yeah.

-Splug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarPosts: 214Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:00 pm
funny days (well nights for me) damn my timezone but huge thanks to the whole of angry for the experience!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 4108Location: West Palm Beach, FLJoined: Fri May 26, 2006 10:52 pm
She did this because of the trash in SSC iirc. If you remember there where like 10 targets to mark for each pack, and ya Thrush was always calling the next dps target and hilarity would always ensue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 600Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm
I had a guy trying to convince me the other day that TBC was so much better than WLK. That guy apparently had the SSC (and TK and Hyjal) trash blocked out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Personally I enjoyed the aesthetic of the TBC raids a lot more. Yeah, some of the trash sucked but I really enjoyed the boss fights, I think more so than most of WotLK. That's not to say that WotLK fights aren't good, because they're amazing. I think I just preferred the fights in TBC more, mainly because I thought that the raids were really all reflective of the zones that they were a part of, Black Temple and SSC especially. Although the encounters are fun, WotLK raids seem more thrown in than TBC raids did (Ulduar and Malygos being the real exception.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I think you're just having a nostalgic moment Algos :P

Re Melk: Ya uh, SSC trash was quite possibly the absolute worst of any instance. I'm sure there are some valid arguments, but over an hour of trash from boss to boss was ridiculous. Oh and then having to run back lol!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
Haha yeah, you're probably right. That was back when I had the time to raid full time, so that's probably where that comes from.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 600Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm
The trash leading to Kael in TK was worse than all the SSC trash IMO. The melee couldn't even attack the mobs, and really good CC was needed, along with long complicated MD pulls to get them away from the other packs.

And then of course there is the Hyjal trash, which kind of is in a category of it's own.

But actually I'm forgetting AQ40.... the trash leading to the Emps were like bosses (only 5 of them, but damn they were tough for trash mobs), and the trash leading to C'thun was by far the worst for any single boss. 22ish packs of impossible to CC, random aggro mobs. I can't help but giggle at the people who can actually remember stuff like that with fondness. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
OMG! How could i forget the trash after twin emps? Ya i'm gonna go ahead and say i still have nightmares about that shit. Fucking mindflayers...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 519Location: WisconsinJoined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 pm
oh god, I couldn't stand post twin emps trash...by far the worst part of the instance.

"Vas's action is like a patchwerk fight, lots of consumables but usually over in 20 seconds". –Stingray
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAngry MemberPosts: 438Location: PennsylvaniaJoined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:02 pm
lol yeah this video was during SSC. I remember because if you broke sheep, the mages would all die right away. Ceo and I would always flip out and Tegal would say shit in "tegaltalk". By the time we got to Kael trash though, we knew to never try to do anything but spam sheep so it wasn't so bad. During SSC we still thought we were supposed to be doing DPS.

Offline Profile